SELECTIVE SCHOOL TEST TUTORING
Selective school test tutoring has proven that hard-working or gifted students can get into a selective high school.
SIGI's selective school test tutoring will teach:
HOW WE HELP
SIGI Learners selective school tutoring program comprises of:
Covers the foundations and challenging concepts in reading, comprehension, math, GA and writing. Besides that, we have a clear structure of topics.
SELECTIVE TRIALS TESTS
Complete opens exam-style questions with time limits, followed by explanations. Many gifted students are not used to time pressures so this conditions them.
For those who love the art of words and also an extended boost to reading and comprehension. We never take away natural creative ability but rather we play to the students’ strengths.
The top academic schools NSW are selective high schools:
- James Ruse Agricultural
- North Sydney Boys
- Sydney Girls
- St George Girls
Selective high schools motivate students because they can accelerate their studies. They also do not have to wait for slower students to catch up.
There are other benefits too:
- They help each other scale up in the HSC because all students are high performing.
- Because of strong academic focus, selective school students generally score 90 – 99.95 ATARs
- Selective high school students form peer networks with those who enjoy learning too.
- Many go on to study study medicine, law, commerce, engineering, architecture and other professions. This is because they have the high ATARs.
- Lots of extracurricular activities for personal development. E.g. Sydney Boys High participates in GPS, a high standard sporting competition. As a result, it is common for them to play sports on Saturdays.
Besides being gifted, your child will appreciate a school where there is a strong love of learning.
The top performers in the Selective High Schools Test will receive an offer to a selective school. Year 6 students take the test in March annually.
See below for the structure of the Selective High Schools Test. The Selective High Schools Test is undergoing major changes in 2020 so stay up to date. Click here.
|Reading & Comprehension||45||40|
|General Ability (G.A.)||60||40|